A fresh take on risk and valuation
Deployment of the SAS RCM risk regulatory solution
Large Dutch bank
- Basel III & IV
- Credit Risk
- RWA calculations
- Regulatory risk management
A Finance and Risk Architecture Alignment Initiative has been initiated to structurally improve the Bank’s Finance and Risk landscapes. The programme aims at ensuring timely, correct and complete delivery of integrated Finance and Risk data and the functionality needed for Finance and Risk External Reporting and Internal Steering.
Finalyse consultants were involved in the deployment of a SAS RRM solution (now a.k.a RCM) linked to the RWA calculation and Regulatory reporting streams, starting with the first big entity of the group. Other entities were added one by one until all of them were migrated to the newly implemented system.
Components from WoltersKluwers and SAS product portfolios were combined to fulfil all the requirements of the client. SAS RRM performs the regulatory RWA calculations for credit risk.
Benefits of the provided solution
- End-to-end deployment of a software vendor solution onto a client infrastructure
- Full industrialization of the credit risk RWA calculation and reporting process
- Decommissioning of a number of systems and applications in the Risk and Finance landscapes that grew over the years and became redundant
- Significant reduction of maintenance costs, implementation of further changes now much easier
Key success factors
- Long track record of implementing risk solutions from external software vendors (e.g. SAS)
- Combination of data, business and regulatory related expertises in the credit risk domain
- Large experience in credit risk environments