Financial Engineering Associates (FEA) was founded in 1989 by Mark B. Garman, Professor (now Emeritus) of Finance at the Haas School of Business at the University of California at Berkeley. Over the years, they have grown rapidly and have quickly established a leading position in the financial analytics market.
In 1998, Finalyse signed an exclusive distribution agreement with FEA for Benelux, France and Switzerland, which has been extended to all European countries. Since then, we have acquired a successful experience in integrating the FEA libraries into multiple platforms and in various functional contexts (trading rooms, risk management departments, ALM departments, etc.) throughout Europe.
FEA tools are cutting edge pricing and risk management tools covering the whole scope of products and asset classes from simple IRS to complex storage facilities.
The FEA pricing and risk management tools are:
- MakeVC & VaRworks, risk management tools for calculating portfolio VaR.
- @Energy, the most widely used and accepted set of risk and valuation tools for energy derivatives, swing and storage contracts.
- StructureTool, an engine that can value any arbitrary payoff, from vanilla to highly exotic, across asset-classes.
Finalyse Services around the FEA tools
The involvement of Finalyse consultants on FEA related projects consists in:
- Implementation consultancy around FEA modules, with services ranging from detailed functional analysis of the customers' needs to the development of client applications using FEA, Finalyse also having expertise in developing "bridges" between FEA libraries and clients' applications,
- Organisation of training in the underlying financial models and their practical applications, either on-site or at Finalyse premises,
- First-line support for FEA customers based in continental Europe,
- Specification of new models and features based on market intelligence for inclusion in future product releases,
- Testing new releases.
For more information about the FEA products and the services we can provide around them, contact Marc-Louis Schmitz.